I’m off to LA for the weekend to visit my friends in So Cal. Since it’s such a quick flight from SF —> LAX I only bring a carry-on. Which, with the restrictions on liquids can pose a real problem for a makeup junkie like me! Another thing I like to keep in mind on a trip is how to make my makeup routine the quickest it can be. No one wants to wait around for me while I’m working on getting that perfect cat eye.
So here is what I’m bringing with me this weekend so I can still look my best, pack efficiently, and get to spend quality time with my friends instead of quality time with the mirror.
- URBAN DECAY Naked Skin Beauty Balm: This product is quick and easy, it makes your skin look smooth and even while drying to a translucent finish so you don’t have to worry about streaking if you just quickly slap it on. This also has my sunscreen built in making the perfect 2 for 1.
- SUGAR Rose Tinted Lip Treatment: The recycled air in the plane really dries you out – even on my hour flight! I use the regular Sugar Lip Treatment every morning and every night but the tinted formula is great to moisturize you lips and give you some needed color. I really like the rose hue – it looks bright in the tube but goes on a sheer coral-y pink.
- MAC 129SH Powder Blush Brush: This is a shorter version of MAC’s standard blush brush – it’s great for travel because it fits in a small makeup bag. This is the perfect complement to #5.
- Benefit They’re Real: Obsessed doesn’t really cover how I feel about this mascara. It gives you super full, super long, super lush lashes. I’ve got a mini tube that is great to take with me!
- NARS Blush Bronzer Duo (Orgasm and Laguna): There is a reason this blush wins award after award – it’s the perfect color for just about everyone. Pair this award winning blush in one compact with a bronzer that has just a hint of gold shimmer and you’ve got everything you need to travel with.
- MAC Teddy Eye Kohl: Teddy has been a favorite of mine for years. I can wear a little of it on the waterline for a subtle look or smudge it all over my lid to get that bronzed smoky eye.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: Just because you’re on vacation doesn’t mean you get to skip your usual skincare routine. I love how lightweight and quick absorbing the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is. I also love that Clinique makes it in a 1.7oz tube. Take that TSA!
- Benefit Fake Up Concealer: A concealer that doesn’t crease? Sign me up! It’s true this concealer moisturizes and stays where you put it aka not sinking into any fine lines. It’s also a gel and not a liquid making it perfect on the plane.
- Benefit Watts Up: This champagne highlighter is perfect on the cheek bones to give you that healthy glow. Since it’s a cream to powder formula you don’t need a brush to put it on (one less thing to put in the bag). I also use it under my brow bone and on the inside corner of the eye to pump up my look. Another multi-tasking product.
- MAC Wipes: I started using these when I worked at MAC and I haven’t stopped. They really do remove all your makeup, cleanse, and hydrate. I usually buy the bulk wipes (100 sheets) but they also sell a travel size pack. It’s so easy to toss these in your bag instead of a bottle of cleanser and there’s no need to worry about the bag busting open and getting all over you stuff.
That’s it, that’s my beauty routine for the weekend. Can’t wait to spend a time with some of my best friends in La La Land!